McLaughlin Body Co. is a reputable manufacturing company offering high-quality services, such as MIG, TIG, and Stick welding. We have a team of experienced welders who can work on any project – big or small. Furthermore, our in-house facility is fully equipped with cutting-edge technology to achieve products that are second to none.
We strive to improve our customer’s bottom line. Our firm commitment to customer satisfaction ensures every service we provide is consistent with zero defects. Understanding your applications allows us to provide you with the most cost-effective solution without compromising overall quality.
Exceptional Welding Services by Industry Experts
Welding refers to fusing two materials through heat, pressure, or a combination of both. The parts joined are called parent materials, while the material used to join them are called filler or consumable. Most of the time, the filler is the same as the parent materials. However, a different composition may also be employed in some instances.
Why opt for welding?
- Strength and durability
- Long-lasting weld joints
- Flexible and versatile
- Polished welded joints
- Speed fabrication
We specialize in arc and resistance welding, ensuring each outcome is of the highest standard. Our welding experts have years of experience in various industries for multiple applications, so we have the technical know-how and skills to deliver exceptional results.
Types of Welding Processes We Specialize In
Our services are utilized in numerous industries, such as the construction, medical, and marine sectors. With this in mind, we offer different types of welding processes for various products.
Some of the processes we specialize in include:
- Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) Welding: TIG welding uses a non-consumable electrode that consists of tungsten to produce the arc. The TIG weld is clean, smooth, uniform, and of superior quality. It’s a popular welding process used in numerous industries, such as aerospace and automotive.
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW): Also known as Metal Inert Gas or MIG Welding, the MIG welder utilizes a welding gun where an electrode wire passes. It produces an electric arc, which is the heat source for welding. A shielding gas is also made to protect the MIG weld. It’s an efficient process primarily used in the construction and manufacturing industries.
- Resistance Welding: Sometimes referred to as electric resistance welding (ERW), the resistance welder employs pressure while running a strong electrical current through the metal to heat the welding joint and melt the metals. It doesn’t require other materials, making it a cost-effective process.
- Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW): It’s similar to MIG welding and ideal for outdoor and general welding work. However, FCAW utilizes a tubular filler wire that contains the flux.
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (Stick): Stick welding, or SMAW, is an affordable welding process that uses welded rods and sticks. The sticks consist of the filler material and flux, enabling the welding process while protecting the weld.
- Spot Welding: A type of resistance welding technique, spot welding doesn’t use a filler material. Pressure and an electrical current are two primary components that can effectively fuse the parts.
- Projection Welding: Also a type of resistance welding, projection welding uses heat from an electrical current where different projections are created on the workpiece.
- Cabs, ROPS … and much more: Our customers include top heavy-duty vehicle manufacturers. They validate our expertise in fabricating complex, engineered products and expanding our offerings beyond just the cab. We collaborate with companies that sell vehicles and equipment globally.
- Construction Equipment: At McLaughlin Body Company, we know that toughness is essential in the construction industry. That’s why we specialize in crafting durable cabs for both rubber-tired machines and heavy-duty tracked equipment. Our expertise in construction has allowed us to manufacture a wide range of cabs, including those for Skid Steers, Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders, Excavators, and Backhoes.
- Agricultural Equipment: McLaughlin Body Company has been a trusted producer of cabs for tractors, harvesters, and sprayers for many years. In fact, we were the ones who built the first John Deere combine cab back in 1959. We are experts when it comes to ROPS standards, including SAE, ISO, ASAE, OECD, and EEC, as well as European road homologation. We also offer a range of machine components and attachments, such as cab supports, platforms, landings, front-end equipment for harvesting machines, and buckets for loaders.
- Military Vehicles: Our company has a long history of serving the military as both prime and sub-contractors, dating back to World War I. We have successfully constructed more than 50,000 cabs for the US Army, gaining valuable experience in adapting to urgent and high-stakes situations. To ensure the highest quality, our finishing processes adhere to the strict standards of TT-C-490E for zinc phosphate pretreatment, e-coat, and CARC application.
- Heavy-Duty Trucks: At McLaughlin Body Company, we specialize in fabricating durable vehicles like refuse trucks, front-discharge concrete mixers, and front-mounted cranes. Our expertise extends to MIG welding, riveting, bonding, and resistance welding for cab structures. With years of experience, we are also proud suppliers of steel, stainless steel, and aluminum cabs and sleeper boxes for over-the-road trucks.
- Other Markets: We have a wide range of experience in providing protective solutions for forestry, mining, and turf care industries. Our expertise also extends to producing components for municipal and civic vehicles such as street sweepers, refuse packers, and fire and medical equipment.
McLaughlin Body Company is proud to provide superior cab frames and components for a variety of applications. Our products are designed to meet the highest quality and performance standards, withstanding extreme conditions and providing operators with optimal safety. We use advanced CAD/CAM software to develop our frame designs, enabling us to quickly customize them for different machines while maintaining structural integrity. Our commitment to innovation means that we can fabricate a wide range of frame sizes, shapes, and materials.
Choose McLaughlin Body Co. to Fulfill Your Welding Needs
With our reliable welding services, numerous industries work with us to fulfill their project requirements. Fortunately, we can accommodate all project sizes with our advanced welding equipment.
McLaughlin Body Co. is your go-to specialist, from intricate welds to large-scale fabrication. If you have any questions about our services, don’t hesitate to contact us today. You can also request a quote, and we can give you an offer you won’t be able to refuse. Only choose the best for quality results that last.
MIG, TIG, STICK, and Robotic MIG Welding Capabilities
- General Capabilities
- Welding Operation
- Arc/Resistance Welding Process
FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding)
GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding)
GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding)
SMAW/STICK (Shielded Metal Arc Welding)
- CNC MIG Welding Work Envelope
12 x 12 x 12 ft
- Additional Services Provided
On-Site/ Field/ Mobile
Research and Development
- Intended Applications
Heavy Equipment Cabs
Off Highway Heavy Truck Cabs
- Industry Focus
- Industry Standards
AWS – 1.1 – 1.3
- File Formats
JPG or JPEG
MasterCam (MDX, MC8, MC9, SET)
Pro-E or Pro/Engineer (DRW,PRT,XPR)